Happy New Year! It is now 2009 and today I want to take a bit of time to reflect on the past year. Things have been slower from time to time, and at times this site might have seem untouched, but there has been a lot going on this past year and with the amount of quality articles that were posted here, I thought it would be best to start 2009 off with a bang and link you to some of my (and the commenters here) favorite articles.
- 50 Guerrilla Marketing Tactics You Should Be Using
This article has been a favorite of every reader and is the most popular article we’ve had to date. Definitely worth taking the time to download the free PDF version and printing it out
- 15 More Guerrilla Marketing Examples
Around August I really got into the Guerrilla Marketing spirit after reading the Guerrilla Marketing book by Jay Conrad Levinson and this is one of the articles I posted that showcased some great inexpensive guerrilla marketing tactics that will definitely help you bootstrap your way to success
- Chasing Your Dreams: Dare to be Stupid
If you’re looking for a bit of motivation to just get out there and try something you love, this is the post for you. It was therapeutic when I wrote it too
- Say Yes: A simple tip that will help you close more deals
This article holds a very simple key to unlocking more sales for your business. Do you not have 2-3 minutes to spare?
- 5 tips to appear large on a small budget
For the bootstrapper, this is vital information. Are you swimming in an ocean of big sharks but you feel the size of a gold fish? If so, check out these tips to appear larger and get in the mix.
- 10 Awesome guerrilla marketing videos
This goes back to my Guerrilla Marketing rush – simple yet effective campaigns that gain mass attention from your perspective client base.
- Emotional Selling: What, why and how
This article will show you how to pull at your target markets emotions and really win them over instead of giving them the feeling that they’re being forced to purchase from you
- Quotable Business: Small business success tip
This is a series I plan on developing further here in 2009. The quotable business series features great quotes from amazing people that you can turn into advice and inspiration for your business. Need a small business success tip? Check this article out.
- Be Your Own Boss: Leaving the cubicle in five simple steps
This is one well thought out plan on what you should be following if you’re thinking of making 2009 the year you jump from full time employment to full time freelance. Its a guide well worth reading and putting into practice.
- Will Smiths two keys to life
This is one of the few articles on this site that I feel may have been overlooked because it talks about “The Fresh Prince”. In all actuality though, Will Smith is a brilliant man and the video in this article that was taken from a kids choice awards show will definitely make you view him in a different light. Plus, it’s a great motivation for you as well
Now below are ten of my personal favorite articles and also well worth checking out. Feel free to comment and tell me which article(s) you like best if your favorite isn’t on the list.
- Building an effective guerrilla marketing strategy
- How to: ten steps to bootstrap your freelance career
- Small Business Blogging: ten reasons why it’s essential to business growth
- The one hit wonder: Why opening statements are so important
- 10 things your small business can learn from cage fighting
- Seven great ways your bootstrapping skills can benefit homeless war veterans
- Bootstrapping Your Business part one
- Word of mouth marketing: Thank your referrers
- Better your business with customer feedback
- Quotable Business: success vs value
Oh, and don’t forget to link me to an article from your site that you’ve written in 2008 that you believe will benefit me. I am always looking for motivation